Half Day Afternoon Jewish Heritage Tour in Istanbul
Karakoy – Fener – Balat – Ortakoy Jewish Area
Except Saturday and Sunday !!!!
- Advance Reservation Required !!!
- Photocopy of Your Passport Picture Page is Needed in Advance for Visit Permits.
- Passports Requried for Security During the Tour..
- The Times are Given by the Rabbinate & Times Can Change According to Them.
Up to 4 People or More People Please Whatsapp US +905337385862 to get the exact price !!!!
OLD VERSION OF OUR WEBSITE !!!
Synagogue Visits In Istanbul
Jewish community have lived in the geographic area of Asia Minor for more than 2,400 years. In the later Middle Ages, Ashkenazi Jews migrating to the Byzantine Empire and Ottoman Empire supplemented the original Jewish population of Asia Minor. At the end of the 15th century, a large number of Sephardic Jews fleeing persecution in Spain and Portugal settled in Asia Minor on the invitation of the Ottoman Empire.
Despite emigration during the 20th century, modern day Turkey continues a Jewish population.The present size of the Jewish Community is estimated at around 26,000 according to the Jewish Virtual Library. The vast majority live inIstanbul, with a community of about 2,500 in İzmir and other smaller groups located in the rest of Turkey.
Sephardic Jews make up approximately 96% of Turkey’s Jewish population, while the rest are primarily Ashkenazic.Turkish Jews are still legally represented by the Hahambasi, the Chief Rabbi. Rav Izak Haleva, is assisted by a religious Council made up of a Rosh Bet Din and three Hahamim. Thirty-five Lay Counselors look after the secular affairs of the Community and an Executive Committee of fourteen, the president of which must be elected from among the Lay Counselors, runs the daily affairs.
Half Day Afternoon Synagogue Visits in Istanbul
Starting at 13:00 Pm Ends 17: 30 Pm
13 : 00 Pm Pick up from the Hotel or from AIRBNB Apartment or from the Cruise Port ..
13 : 30 Pm Ortakoy Etz Ahayim Synagogue
14 : 00 Pm Ortakoy Area & Bosphorus View Walking
15 : 00 Pm Neve Shalom Synagogue
15 : 20 Pm Galata Quarter Visit
16 : 00 Pm Jewish Museum / Neve Shalom Synagogue
16 : 30 Pm Local Markets or Spice Bazaar Visit
17 : 15 Pm End of the Tour and Return Back to the hotel or cruise ship
Half-Day Afternoon Synagogue Visits in Istanbul
Starting at 13: 00 Pm and Ends 17 : 15 Pm
2 – 3 Guest
200 USD Per Person
4 – 6 Guest
175 USD Per Person
7 – 10 Guest
150 USD Per Person
11 – More Guest
100 USD Per Person
400 USD Per Person
Etz Ahayim Synagogue ;
Located in Ortakoy, near the European leg of the Bosphorus Bridge. When the previous synagogue burned down in 1941 with only the marble Aron-ha-Kodesh remaining, the new synagogue was rebuilt on the location of the then midrash. Visits can be made with previous appointments and both weekday and Shabbat services can be attended likewise.
The Neve Shalom Synagogue ;
Built and opened in 1951 and the scene of a tragic terrorist attack in 1986, it is the largest synagogue in Istanbul where most of the religious ceremonies are held. The Neve Shalom is open to the public for morning visits during the weekdays and for Shabbat prayers every Saturday morning.
- This is a Private Half Day Afternoon Tour Available All Year Long !!!
- Included Entrance Fees and Donations for All the Synagogues and Sites
- Tour Includes Private Transportation & Guidance in English
- Early Reservation is Required.
- Special Authorisation is Required from the Rabbinate.
- Upon Request, Kosher Food can be Supplied.
- Prices are Based on Same Friends or Families
In Mix Groups Seperate Tour Price are Valid..
- For More Info Please Send Us an E-mail
Also 24 / 7 You Can Contact With Us by Whatsapp +905337385862
- Ps : Jewish Guide Request is Extra ( 175 USD !!! Not Per Person )
- Sunday tour can be arranged by UPON Request !!!
There are no reviews yet.